The domestic steel plate mills were at it again, with all of them announcing a $50/ton price increase in the middle of October. While steel pricing has been increasing, it remains to be seen if this is the apex for the time being. With more capacity headed to the marketplace, prices should level out for the balance of the year.
Domestic stainless mill deliveries are running from 5 to 7 weeks, while Duplex stainless mill deliveries and Nickel alloy plate deliveries are in the 7 to 9 week range. Carbon Steel plate mill deliveries register in the 6 to 10 week range.
Tubing deliveries range from 3-8 weeks for stainless steel depending upon stock availability and up to 8-14 weeks for nickel alloys. Carbon steel tubing deliveries are still carrying longer lead times anywhere from 6-16 weeks.
- 100% X-Ray of Tube to Tube Sheet Welds – Setting the Bar of Excellence!!!
- SUPPLEMENTAL PROCESSING EQUIPMENT – Pressure / Vacuum Relief Devices – #METALMARKETUPDATE – September ’21
- Non-Destructive Testing Methods: Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- #METALMARKETUPDATE – September ’21
- SUPPLEMENTAL PROCESSING EQUIPMENT – Sight Glasses and Other Pad Flange-Mounted Instruments – #MetalMarketUpdate – August ’21