The domestic steel plate mills were at it again, with all of them announcing a $50/ton price increase in the middle of October. While steel pricing has been increasing, it remains to be seen if this is the apex for the time being. With more capacity headed to the marketplace, prices should level out for the balance of the year.
Domestic stainless mill deliveries are running from 5 to 7 weeks, while Duplex stainless mill deliveries and Nickel alloy plate deliveries are in the 7 to 9 week range. Carbon Steel plate mill deliveries register in the 6 to 10 week range.
Tubing deliveries range from 3-8 weeks for stainless steel depending upon stock availability and up to 8-14 weeks for nickel alloys. Carbon steel tubing deliveries are still carrying longer lead times anywhere from 6-16 weeks.
- Prepare Yourself: Some Equipment Can’t Be Saved (Part 4)! – #MetalMarketUpdate – February ’21
- The API-510 Pressure Vessel Inspection Code
- #MetalMarketUpdate – February ’21 Newsletter
- Prepare Yourself: Some Equipment Can’t Be Saved (Part 3) – #MetalMarketUpdate – January 2021
- #MetalMarketUpdate – January ’21 Newsletter